Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Episode 7

     This was far from being the best show, at least in terms of my engineering skills. Chalk it up to my struggling through most of the show with the (after?) effects of a sinus infection. Still, I think there were some charming moments. (I won’t say what they are in case mine are different from yours). Thanks to those who called in to pledge (as well as those who let me know why they couldn’t or didn’t; maybe next time). Those who did pledge, of course, will get that mp3 CD I mentioned in the last post. It turned out well, I think, and it contains nearly 11 hours of music. And all for a measly pledge.
     I’ll keep this one brief. Sleep beckons, calling me back to good health....

  • 12:00–1:00 a.m.:
  • Belly, “Full Moon, Empty Heart,” Star, Reprise
  • Colin Newman, “Alone,” A–Z, Beggar’s Banquet
  • Mono, “The Blind Man,” Formica Blues, Mercury
  • Elk City, “Dreams of Steam,” Status, A Hidden Agenda
  • The Smiths, “This Night Has Opened My Eyes,” Hatful of Hollow, Rough Trade
  • TV on the Radio, “Wear You Out,” Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes, Touch and Go
  • New Order, “We All Stand,” Power, Corruption and Lies, Qwest
  • Trembling Blue Stars, “All Eternal Things,” The Seven Autumn Flowers, Bar-None
  • The Cure, “Sinking,” The Head on the Door, Elektra
  • Doves, “Ambition,” Some Cities, Capitol
  • Sufjan Stevens, “Seven Swans,” Seven Swans, Sounds Familyre

  • 1:00–2:00 a.m.:
  • Brian Eno, “Burning Airlines Give You So Much More,” Taking Tiger Mountain by Strategy, EG
  • Bush Tetras, “Can’t Be Funky,” New York Noise (compilation), Soul Jazz
  • Rough Trade, “The Sacred and the Profane,” For Those Who Think Young, True North
  • Brian Eno, “Third Uncle,” Taking Tiger Mountain by Strategy, EG
  • Belle & Sebastian, “Stay Loose,” Dear Catastrophe Waitress, Rough Trade
  • The Decemberists, “The Sporting Life,” Picaresque, Kill Rock Stars
  • George Harrison, “I’d Have You Anytime,” All Things Must Pass, EMI
  • Andrea Echeverri, “Amortiguador,” Andrea Echeverri, Nacional
  • The Blue Nile, “Let’s Go Out Tonight,” Hats, Linn
  • Junior Boys, “When I’m Not Around,” Last Exit, Domino
  • Herbert, “It’s Only,” Bodily Functions, !K7

1 comment:

J. said...

That Elk City record is so great! When it comes to Colin Newman, though, Commercial Suicide is his masterpiece -- I'd almost put it up there with the first three Wire albums. Keep up the good rockin'.