Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Episode 20

     So, this morning’s show is yet another whose contours will remain unknown to me until such time as I’ve had the chance to listen to it. It was a lot of fun to do, though in the end I was unable to play a lot of the stuff I took with me. So perhaps on the next show, you’ll hear some of the things left out — from artists like Caetano Veloso, Café Tacuba, Le Mystère des Voix Bulgares, Spoon, and many others. The only glitch in this episode was the Emergency Alert System test, which occurred a little over 2 minutes into the Piano Magic tune. Usually, I’m unaware when an announcement happens, but this time I was on it. While it may not have been the most elegant programming choice, I decided that my dear listeners really did need to hear the whole song, so, when the test was done I played “Theory of Ghosts” again ... from the beginning.
     At both the station and the university, everyone is making preparations for the break. And that means that I have not a clue when my next show will be. With any luck one will take place some time in the next two weeks. This page is the best (and perhaps only) way to find out. The minute I know something, I’ll post it here....

  • 12:00–1:00 a.m.:
  • Stereolab, “Brakhage,” Dots and Loops, Elektra
  • A Certain Ratio, “Crystal,” Sextet, Factory
  • Shriekback, “Nemesis,” Oil and Gold, Island
  • Animal Collective, “Leaf House,” Sung Tongs, Fat Cat
  • Gang of Four, “What We All Want (Live),” Solid Gold/Another Day, Another Dollar, Infinite Zero
  • Piano Magic, “Theory of Ghosts,” Disaffected, Darla
  • Sybarite, “Fresh Kills,” Nonument, 4AD
  • Inara George, “Mistress,” All Rise, Everloving
  • Wilco, “How to Fight Loneliness,” Summerteeth, Reprise
  • Badly Drawn Boy, “The Shining,” The Hour of Bewilderbeast, Twisted Nerve/XL
  • The Cardigans, “Iron Man,” First Band on the Moon, Mercury
  • Edith Frost, “If It Weren’t for the Words,” It’s a Game, Drag City

  • 1:00–2:00 a.m.:
  • David Sylvian, “Weathered Wall,” Brilliant Trees, Virgin
  • The Glove, “Like an Animal,” Blue Sunshine, Polydor
  • Broadcast, “Michael A Grammar,” Tender Buttons, Warp
  • My Morning Jacket, “The Knot Comes Loose,” Z, ATO
  • Chris Whitley, “Radar,” Rocket House, ATO
  • Radar Bros., “The River Shade,” The Fallen Leaf Pages, Merge
  • Pink Floyd, “The Final Cut,” The Final Cut, Columbia
  • Four Tet, “And Then Patterns,” Everything Ecstatic, Domino
  • Paul Weller, “Up in Suze’s Room,” Heavy Soul, Island
  • Cocteau Twins, “Round,” Tishbite (I), Fontana
  • Kate Bush, “Somewhere in Between,” Aerial, Columbia
  • Imogen Heap, “Closing In,” Speak for Yourself, RCA

No comments: