Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Episode 1

     Except for a couple of messy fades, my failure to announce the station’s phone number (773.703.8424) and one spot where I played a track other than the one I intended, I think the first show was a success. Oh, yeah, I also got my first crank call within 2 minutes of the first track’s beginning. I don’t recall ever having heard such slurred speech from anyone. (Apologies to the caller near the top of the second hour, there just wasn't enough time left for me to find a Bush Tetras song before I had to cue the track already in the player. Maybe next time.)

  • 2:00–3:00 a.m.:
  • David Sylvian, “Before the Bullfight,” Gone to Earth, Virgin
  • Gus Gus, “Superhuman,” This Is Normal, 4AD
  • Cocteau Twins, “The High-Monkey Monk,” Cocteau Twins (boxed set), Capitol
  • Massive Attack, “Angel,” Mezzanine, Virgin
  • Robin Guthrie, “Tera,” Imperial, Bella Union
  • Violet Indiana, “Poison Gorgeous,” Roulette, Bella Union
  • Sparklehorse, “Sick of Goodbyes,” Good Morning Spider, Capitol
  • American Music Club, “Home,” Love Songs for Patriots, Merge
  • Broken Social Scene, “KC Accidental,” You Forgot It in People, Arts & Crafts
  • Magazine, “Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin),” The Correct Use of Soap, Caroline
  • Gang of Four, “History’s Bunk,” The Peel Sessions, Strange Fruit

  • 3:00–4:00 a.m.:
  • Modest Mouse, “The Cold Part,” The Moon & Antarctica, Epic
  • Jim White, “Corvair,” No Such Place, Luaka Bop
  • Hank Dogs, “Daddy’s Arms,” Bareback, Hannibal
  • Morsel, “Squeezebox Medicine,” I’m a Wreck, Small Stone
  • Cinematic Orchestra, “Man with a Movie Camera,” Every Day, Ninja Tune
  • Gomez, “Sound of Sounds,” In Our Gun, Virgin
  • Robert Wyatt, “Heaps of Sheeps,” Shleep, Hannibal
  • Cowboy Junkies, “Thousand Year Prayer,” Open, Latent/Zöe
  • Neil Finn, “Addicted,” Try Whistling This, Work
  • Electrelane, “This Deed,” The Power Out, Beggar’s Banquet
  • Mercury Rev, “You’re My Queen,” All Is Dream, V2
  • Scheer, “Say What You Came to Say,” … And Finally, 482/Schism

No comments: