Friday, March 03, 2006

Episode 26

     Well. Everything went swimmingly on this morning’s show ... that is, right until the very end. Rose, the DJ who was coming on after me, arrived close to the end of a song, and I rushed to get downstairs and back before the track ended. And I apparently rushed too quickly, forgetting to prop open a door that otherwise automatically locks. So, for about 8 minutes after the song ended, there was dead air. Luckily, campus security arrived quickly enough and got us back into the studio before all was lost.
     I think there is quite a bit of interesting music on this show, which I did to make up for missing the regular slot. Hopefully when I’m back in my regular time slot I’ll be more alert and won’t make any (noticeable) mistakes....

  • 2:00–3:00 a.m.:
  • The Stone Roses, “I Wanna Be Adored,” The Stone Roses, Silvertone
  • Rogue Wave, “Catform,” Descended Like Vultures, Sub Pop
  • M83, “Don’t Save Us from the Flames,” Before the Dawn Heals Us, Mute
  • Pajo, “Francie,” Pajo, Drag City
  • The Minutemen, “Do You Want New Wave, or Do You Want the Truth?” Double Nickels on the Dime, SST
  • X, “I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts” More Fun in the New World, Elektra
  • The The, “Uncertain Smile,” Soul Mining, Epic
  • Mark Eitzel, “Song of the Mole,” Candy Ass, Cooking Vinyl
  • Beck, “Nobody’s Fault But My Own,” Mutations, Geffen
  • Laura Veirs, “Galaxies,” Year of Meteors, Nonesuch
  • Slowdive, “Rutti,” Pygmalion, Creation

  • 3:00–4:00 a.m.:
  • XTC, “The Smartest Monkeys,” Nonsuch, Geffen
  • Stewart Copeland, “Don’t Box Me In,” Rumble Fish (Original Score), A&M
  • Can, “Vitamin C,” Ege Bamyasi, Spoon
  • Miles Davis, “Black Satin,” On the Corner, Columbia
  • Nick Lowe, “Faithless Lover,” Dig My Mood, Upstart
  • Broadcast, “Tears in the Typing Pool,” Tender Buttons, Warp
  • Galaxie 500, “Another Day,” On Fire, Ryko
  • Doves, “Darker,” Lost Souls, Astralwerks
  • Mogwai, “Like Herod,” Young Team, Jetset
  • Cranes, “Fourteen,” Population Four, Dedicated
  • The Hope Blister, “Sweet Unknown,” ... Smile’s OK, 4AD

No comments: