Monday, March 20, 2006

Episode 28

     As time goes by, I have greater and greater admiration for people who do radio shows every single day without running out of ideas. Of course, I presume that most people who do so are not volunteers but paid employees, who presumably have planning time built into their schedules. Either way, doing two three-hour shows in less than a week’s time has strained me a bit. I still think I turned out another quality show, but I did so only by pulling out some favorites that I have been saving for just the proper occasion.
     The schedule for the spring quarter should be finalized soon, and with any luck, I’ll be back in the time slot that I had for most of last year and should have had last quarter. As soon as I know what my slot is, I’ll update the sidebar so that you, dear listener, can know when next to tune in....

  • 12:00–1:00 a.m.:
  • My Bloody Valentine, “To Here Knows When,” Tremolo EP, Creation
  • Jeff Buckley, “Vancouver,” Sketches for My Sweetheart, the Drunk, Columbia
  • Lisa Germano, “Reptile,” Slide, 4AD
  • Grandaddy, “Lost on Yer Merry Way,” Sumday, V2
  • Aztec Camera, “The Bugle Sounds Again,” High Land, Hard Rain, Sire
  • Los Super Seven, “Siboney,” Canto, Columbia
  • Erwin Thomas, “Adult Anxiety,” Songs from My Apartment, Quartermain
  • Boards of Canada, “Oscar See Through Red Eye,” The Campfire Headphase, Warp
  • Brian Eno, “Driving Me Backwards,” Here Come the Warm Jets, EG
  • Belle & Sebastian, “We Are the Sleepyheads,” The Life Pursuit, Matador
  • The Roots, “Proceed,” Do You Want More?!!!??!, Geffen
  • Black Star, “K.O.S. (Determination),” Black Star, Rawkus

  • 1:00–2:00 a.m.:
  • Gil Scott-Heron, “Home Is Where the Hatred Is,” Pieces of a Man, RCA
  • A.C. Newman, “Drink to Me, Babe, Then,” The Slow Wonder, Matador
  • The Cardigans, “And Then You Kissed Me,” Long Gone Before Daylight, Stockholm
  • Neil Finn, “Elastic Heart,” One Nil, Parlophone
  • Sigur Rós, “Svefn-g-englar,” Ágætis Byrjun, Fat Cat
  • Mogwai, “Glasgow Mega-Snake,” Mr. Beast, Matador
  • Wire, “Madman’s Honey,” The Ideal Copy, Mute
  • Japan, “Despair,” Quiet Life, Caroline
  • Radiohead, “The Amazing Sounds of Orgy,” Pyramid Song EP, Capitol
  • The Album Leaf, “Over the Pond,” In a Safe Place, Sub Pop
  • Gus Gus, “Barry,” Polydistortion, 4AD

  • 2:00–3:00 a.m.:
  • Broken Social Scene, “Late Night Bedroom Rock for the Missionaries,” You Forgot It in People, Arts and Crafts
  • Mark Hollis, “The Daily Planet,” Mark Hollis, Pond Life
  • Robert Wyatt, “Just a Bit,” Cuckooland, Hannibal
  • X, “Dancing with Tears in My Eyes,” Under the Big Black Sun, Elektra
  • Jim White, “That Girl from Brownsville Texas,” Drill a Hole in That Substrate and Tell Me What You See, Luaka Bop
  • The Sundays, “Leave This City,” Static and Silence, Geffen
  • Shriekback, “This Big Hush,” Oil and Gold, Island
  • Herbert, “Suddenly,” Bodily Functions, !K7
  • Joe Henry, “Curt Flood,” Fuse, Mammoth
  • Massive Attack, “Black Milk,” Mezzanine, Virgin
  • Le Volume Courbe, “Locarno,” I Killed My Best Friend, Honest Jon’s

No comments: